Benefits of Yoga at Work
First of all it’s a wonderful way for a company to establish that they care about employee well-being and work life balance. Especially as we spend more time seated at computers, with only the smallest movements and sense of connection to our bodies it’s important to provide an antidote.
Your employees may be putting in long hours regularly or on a special project, why not reward them with a regularly scheduled class on-site.
- Corporate yoga can increase employee productivity.
- Improve your employees health with yoga: specific arm, hand and shoulder stretches to counteract the repetitive strain of the long hours spent at computer.
- Improve employee job satisfaction and sense of community.
- Mindfulness practices improve employee communication naturally.
A yoga class held on-site will be tailored to the needs of your employees. But we know that at work there will be a mix of abilities and ages. And that you are most likely not wanting a sweaty class. More likely you are wanting something that leaves your employees and staff- refreshed and yet relaxed. Ready to provide better customer service, more focused on the task at hand. And with sense of ease and mobility in the hands, shoulders and back.
More info on Corporate/On-site Yoga:
Three Offerings for Corporate Sessions
- Yoga Class– Stress relieving, reviving, yoga postures, breathing practices and relaxation with options for various levels of fitness. Done in workout clothes. (WBM)
- Desk-side Stretch- a series of simple yoga based exercises that are done using chairs, conference table, and the wall. Includes mindfulness practices too. Done in business attire. (LM)
- Mindfulness– A seated combo of, breathing practice, bodily relaxation and meditation. Adapted as needed to group needs over time. (NM)
WBM (whole body movements,) LM (low movement,) NM (no movement)
Call or use contact form, for free consultation. I love to support agencies working with under-served populations such as at risk youth and low income populations.
1x class: $225 (in most parts of Manhattan)
Ongoing scheduled classes can run in 6 or 8 week cycles and are usually less- depending on factors such as class size, length, and times per week etc.
Classes held in your space in the morning or lunchtime. Call for free consultation. Fees are based on business location in Manhattan, class size, frequency etc. A 6-8 week series is the recommended minimum which gives time to get to know the employees needs. Session length choice is typically between is 45-55 min.