Go here if you’re interested in: Shiatsu Massage (use my 30% Ithaca Local Book coupon!)
Mid-Winter 2017: Introduction to Chakras
We will meditate and do visualization practices for activating, clearing and strengthening each chakra. Each week we will have homework to continue the work on the chakras.
Early Registration opens March 4th.
Evenings: Thur. March 16- Apr. 27th, 6:00- 7:15 pm
State St. (5 Min. from Commons, Ithaca, NY) @ Private Studio Space
Pre-registration is required (small classes.)
Mid-Winter 2017: Introduction to Meditation
Are you stressed out, worried about the world and your life: relationships, work stress or health? Do you feel overloaded at times, and disconnected? Like you are just running to keep up with task after task?
I understand. That’s why I started practicing meditation in college; sitting with the Zen monks at Mt. Holyoke College.
Hi, my name is Kala (see video) and I’ll be leading the Meditation for Beginners Course. I’m a former professor, and I love teaching academics. You’ll get:
- really get in depth training and support-even if you feel you could never meditate!
- or you’ve tried meditating and found it frustrating and your mind wouldn’t stop.
- meet great, like-minded people
- small group setting limit of 6 people
Where: Private Studio on State Street.( 5 minutes from Ithaca Commons)
- Reduce feelings of stress
- Increase concentration-help you work more efficiently
- Decrease worrisome thoughts
- Feel calmer manage your work load & life
- Affect stress related conditions
- Increase feelings of joy, clarity & purpose
• Why meditation helps stress, anxiety, ADD, IBS & stress influenced illness etc.
• How to meditate, w Tips & 3 primary techniques:
• Gentle, guided practice sessions: learn mindfulness, learn concentration & loving kindness techniques
• Get help with posture & how to sit (options for any limitations or physical needs)
• My vetted list of online resources for talks, more instruction and whatever else you might need to support your practice.
Get your specific questions answered and guidance to get you set up to practice confidently on your own.
Whether you are mature, a graduate student, working mom or pop, meditation is something anyone can do. And it will have a huge impact on your life if you let it!
CONTACT send e-mail QUESTIONS: Call Kala at 607-339-9849